If you’re on a low carb diet, or even if you’re not, you will absolutely flip over this Bacon, Cheddar & Jalapeno Cauliflower Casserole Recipe!
This post was sponsored by Heluva Good! Cheese as part of an Influence Central campaign and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
As you may already know, my husband and I have been following a low carb diet for several months now. When you’re on a diet, it’s quite common to fall into a rut of eating the same things over and over again. This can lead to boredom, and eventually eating off plan.
We eat a lot of cauliflower on our diet, so I try to experiment with it a lot and create new recipes. Cauliflower is pretty bland and boring on its own, but it’s extremely versatile and there are so many ways to use it and add flavor to it.
One thing that always makes cauliflower taste better is cheese. Cheese makes anything taste better, right? I always keep a stash of Heluva Good!® Block Cheese in my refrigerator because it’s flavorful, high quality cheese. There are so many great varieties of Heluva Good available, including Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, Jalapeno Jack, Extra Sharp Cheddar, Sharp Cheddar, White Extra Sharp Cheddar, White Sharp Cheddar, White Mild Cheddar, Muenster, Monterey Jack, Special Reserve Extra Sharp Cheddar, Colby, and Mild Cheddar. I told you there was a lot of them!
I love all of the Heluva Good! Cheese varieties, but my absolute favorite is the Jalapeno Jack. It is a delicious combination of Monterey Jack and jalapeno peppers. If you are not into spicy foods, don’t worry, this cheese isn’t really very spicy. It doesn’t set your mouth on fire, make your nose run, or anything like that. The jalapeno flavor is very mild, but so wonderful!
For this Cauliflower Casserole Recipe, I combined my favorite Jalapeno Jack cheese with Extra Sharp Cheddar and bacon. This flavor combination is out of this world, and really made the cauliflower taste amazing.
I grabbed all of my ingredients for this cauliflower casserole recipe at my local Walmart. They had a huge stash of Heluva Good! Cheese to choose from so I stocked up! I even got 75 cents back with this Heluva Good! Cheese at Walmart Ibotta Offer! *Limited quantities are available.
This Bacon, Cheddar & Jalapeno Cauliflower Casserole Recipe is so easy to make. I even used a bag of frozen cauliflower to save both time and money. The price of fresh cauliflower around here is pretty high, but a bag of frozen cauliflower is very affordable. I have two toddlers at home, so I try to make things as cheap and easy as possible.
- 1 pound bag of frozen cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup Heluva Good! Jalapeno Jack Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Heluva Good! Extra Sharp Cheddar (grated)
- 5 slices cooked bacon (crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread frozen cauliflower on baking sheet and toss to coat with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake cauliflower for 25 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and mash into smaller pieces.
- Transfer cauliflower to a medium sized bowl.
- Add cream cheese, ½ of the Jalapeno Jack, ½ of the Extra Sharp Cheddar, bacon and salt. Stir to combine.
- Transfer cauliflower mixture to a 1.5 quart casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Lower oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Cook cauliflower casserole uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Broil for an additional 3 minutes, until the cheese on top is slightly brown and bubbly.
Heluva Good! Cheese is a great way to add protein and calcium to your diet. It’s gluten free, made with milk and has 0 grams of trans fat per serving. It’s perfect for snacking on and adding to your favorite dishes.
You can find Heluva Good! Cheese in the dairy aisle of your neighborhood supermarkets in New York (New York, Syracuse, Buffalo/Rochester, Albany), Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh, Harrisburg/Scranton, Philadelphia), Connecticut (Hartford), Massachusetts (Springfield, Boston), Ohio (Cleveland, Columbus), Rhode Island (Providence), Florida (Tampa/St. Petersburg, Orlando), Virginia (Roanoke), Maryland (Baltimore), Washington D.C. We have it here in Maine, too!