This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Acorn Influence, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ClubTysonFFL
It’s football season again, and I’m so excited to share a couple of quick and easy game day recipes with you! My friends and family love football, and we are from New England, so I bet you can easily guess who our favorite team is.
When I have company over to watch the game, I don’t want to spend the whole time in the kitchen slaving over the stove. I have two toddlers, so I am already busy enough tending to them, without adding extra work. I want to be able to relax, watch the game, and spend some quality time with my friends and family.
I keep our game day gatherings pretty low key. I don’t go all out with decorations and fancy food with crazy ingredients and lots of steps. I’m on a pretty strict budget and I just don’t have the time for all of that. The food I serve on game day is quick and easy, affordable, and also very tasty. Ball Park® Franks and Tyson® Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wyngz are both available in bulk packages at Sam’s Club, so I can save time and money on my game day food! Both products are super easy to cook, and so versatile that I can do quite a lot of different things with them.
When I think about what kind of food to serve during a football game, barbecue and buffalo flavors both come to mind. During a recent game day, I made Buffalo Chicken Naan Pizzas and Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Hot Dogs. They were both a big hit!
The recipes I’m sharing in this post are for smaller portions, so they can be used to feed your family any night of the week, but they can be easily doubled or tripled if you have a large amount of people at your game day gatherings.
I absolutely love these Tyson Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wyngz. They are a cinch to cook – just put them on a foil-lined pan sprayed with cooking spray and toss them in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Super easy! They also have an amazing buffalo flavor. If you love spice, you’ll love these tasty Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wyngz. I love putting them in salads, on pizza, in sliders, and they are fantastic just dipped in ranch or blue cheese dressing. There are really so many wonderful things you can do with these!
I had so much fun making these Buffalo Chicken Naan Pizzas. They are spicy, cheesy, and perfect for game day because you can just dig in and eat them with your hands – no utensils required!
- 5 cups Tyson Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wyngz
- 2 loaves of Naan bread
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tablespoons diced green onion + more for garnish
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
- ½ cup shredded Colby/Monterey Jack cheese blend
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray. Bake 1.5 cups of Tyson Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wyngz for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the sauce.
- To make the sauce, combine ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, green onion, and ¼ cup blue cheese in a small bowl.
- Divide the sauce and spread equally over both loaves of Naan bread.
- Top each loaf of Naan bread with equal amounts of Colby/Monterey Jack cheese blend.
- After the chicken is done baking, chop it into bite-sized pieces, divide, and top each loaf of Naan bread with equal amounts of chicken.
- Divide remaining blue cheese and Mozzarella cheese, and top each Naan bread with equal amounts.
- Place Naan bread pizzas directly on the center rack of a preheated 400 degree oven (just leave the oven on after the chicken has finished baking and it will be ready to go!), and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Your friends and family will love these pizzas, and I’m sure they will also love these Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Hot Dogs!
Ball Park® Beef Franks are so juicy and delicious, and I love how they plump up as you cook them. They are ready to eat in just a few minutes and you can put pretty much any toppings you want on them. I remember eating these all the time as a kid, and they bring back so many great memories of camping and gathering with friends and family on game day.
The pineapple, jalapeno & red onion relish I made was a perfect combination of sweet and spicy and really paired so well with the hot dogs.
The barbecue sauce and melted pepper jack cheese took these franks to another level!
- 4 Ball Park Franks
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 pineapple rings, diced
- ½ of a jalapeno, diced (take the seeds out if you don’t like a lot of spice)
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 slices pepper jack cheese
- Grill hot dogs over medium heat for 6-10 minutes, or boil for 4-5 minutes.
- While the hot dogs are cooking, prepare the relish. You could also make this shortly before your guests arrive to save more time.
- To make the relish, combine pineapple, jalapeno, red onion and salt in a small bowl.
- Line a deep casserole dish with hot dog buns.
- When hot dogs are finished cooking, place them in hot dog buns.
- Top each hot dog with relish, ½ tablespoon barbecue sauce, and pepper jack cheese.
- If you really want to get into the game day spirit, arrange your cheese to look like the threads on a football. If you don’t want to spend the time doing that, just throw it on top!
- Place hot dogs in preheated 350 degree F. oven for 5-7 minutes, until cheese has slightly melted.
These hot dogs are the perfect balance of sweet and spicy and are sure to be a big hit!
What are some of your favorite game day recipes that are quick and easy, and affordable too? Let me know in the comments!