Yesterday, on a whim, I made White Chocolate and Peanut Butter Wheat Thin Cookies, and they were fantastic! My husband tried them when he came home from work, and he said “You have to take this bag away from me, or I’m going to eat them all.” They are seriously addictive!
I’ve noticed over the last few years, that people seem to go absolutely crazy over chocolate dipped goodies at Christmas parties. These kinds of treats are usually gobbled up quicker than cookies, pies and that sort of thing. It’s not really a big surprise to me, though, because who doesn’t love some chocolate?!
I’ve had Christmas baking on my mind lately, so yesterday I thought I would experiment a little bit with the whole chocolate dipping thing. I had a big box of Wheat Thins on hand, along with some peanut butter, white chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips. I spread a little bit of peanut butter between two Wheat Thins, sandwiched them together, then dunked the whole thing in melted white chocolate and sprinkled some mini chocolate chips on top.
These “cookies” set up super fast, and when they were ready to eat, I had to exercise some serious will power. This treat is salty & sweet, and so delicious! My husband said these taste kind of like a Butterfinger candy bar that’s been dipped in white chocolate. These White Chocolate & Peanut Butter Wheat Thin Cookies are so easy to make, and only require 4 ingredients! If you’re looking for a fun and tasty treat to bring to a holiday gathering, but don’t feel like spending hours baking, this is for you!
- 48 Wheat Thins
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 1.5 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Spread a small amount of peanut butter between two Wheat Thins crackers; repeat until all crackers have been used.
- Melt white chocolate chips in microwave at 50% power for one minute; stir. Return to microwave at 30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Dip cracker sandwiches in white chocolate to coat. I use a fork to do this step, which makes it easy to shake excess white chocolate off into the bowl. Set cracker sandwiches on wax paper and immediately top each one with mini chocolate chips as you put it on the wax paper. The white chocolate sets up really fast, so the mini chocolate chips will not stick if you don’t place them on immediately, while the white chocolate is still warm.
- Place in refrigerator or freezer for 10-15 minutes to set completely. Store in an airtight container.
If you still feel like you want to bake up some cookies for Christmas, check out my list of 50 Gift-Worthy Christmas Cookies!