Since I have started eating healthier at the beginning of this year, oatmeal has quickly become one of my favorite breakfast dishes. I used to think oatmeal was so flavorless and boring, but now that I have been experimenting with adding different things to it, I have realized just how amazing it can taste. It’s also really filling, so it keeps me from snacking on junk food all day long.
I browse Pinterest for new oatmeal ideas quite often, and I recently came across this Healthiest Bowl of Oatmeal recipe. This recipe featured oatmeal, blueberries, honey, greek yogurt and almonds. Oatmeal can often taste dry, so I really love the addition of greek yogurt to make it creamy. While I do like to add nuts to my oatmeal on occasion, I just wasn’t feeling it this morning, so I added a few different things to mine instead. I absolutely loved the flavor combo that I came up with!
BLUEBERRY BANANA OATMEAL BOWL
If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast that’s bursting with flavor, give this Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Bowl a try!
- 1/3 cup steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 of a banana (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Honey Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon granola
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- a few dark chocolate chips
- drizzle of honey
- Combine 1/3 cup steel cut oats with 3/4 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon in microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 5 minutes.
- Spoon oatmeal into a bowl, top with greek yogurt, blueberries, banana slices, chia seeds, blueberry granola, dark chocolate chips and honey.
I’m part of a group of bloggers that remakes pins we find on Pinterest to make them our own. For more fun Pinterest Remakes projects, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Make Homemade Febreze for Spring Freshness by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Spring Rolls with Black Bean Noodles by Upstate Ramblings
- Easter Oreo Fudge Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Bacon Garlic Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze by Day by Day in Our World
- Beef Enchilada Casserole by Just 2 Sisters
- DIY Lavender Hand Soap by Home and Garden Cafe
- Homemade Strawberry Vinegar by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Carrot Patch Brownie Bowls by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- Easter Eggs Coloring Page Free Printable by Baby Loving Mama
- Simple Italian Pot Roast by The Guavalicious Life