This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Taking your infant or toddler on an overnight trip can be stressful and chaotic. Their schedules get all messed up, they can easily become overwhelmed by new and different surroundings, and there is always so much stuff that you need to pack for them.
I have taken my 2.5 year old and 11 month old on several overnight trips, and I have found a few tips for packing for an overnight trip with your infant or toddler that really help to make things run much smoother over the course of the trip. After trying to find numerous items buried under a pile of loose clothes, diapers, wipes, snacks, toys, etc., I decided it was time to find a better way, and I came up with a solution that works very well for me now.
You may also like – Diaper Bag Essentials List
- Pack 2 large sturdy zippered bags – one for clothing, shoes, diapers, wipes, toothpaste, toothbrush, teething gel, medications, etc., and and one for formula, water, food pouches, snacks. Having these items separated will make it easier to find what you are looking for when you need it.
- Put each of your child’s outfits into a separate plastic storage bag, and label it with your child’s name and what’s inside (clothes, pajamas, swimsuit & hat, etc.). This is something I started doing when I sent the kids to stay with my Mom for a few nights one time. I wanted to make it easy for her to just pull out an outfit for each kid, without worrying about trying to find matching items or wondering which outfit belonged to which kid. This keeps each child’s clothes organized, and also takes up much less room in your bag than loose clothing does. After an outfit has been worn, stick it back in the bag, and mark the bag “dirty”. Now you won’t have to wonder what’s dirty and what is clean!
- Take snacks out of boxes and put them in resealable plastic storage bags instead. Boxes take up a lot of room in an overnight bag, they get crushed, spill contents, and you can never really tell how much you have left unless you open the box up to check. Having snacks stored in plastic storage bags will take up less room in your overnight bag, prevent spilling, and you’ll easily be able to tell how much is remaining.
- Put small things like combs, hair accessories, toothbrushes, toothpaste, teething gel, medications, etc. in a resealable plastic bag together so they don’t get lost or scattered throughout your overnight bag.
- Store your baby’s formula in a high quality container like this one from NeoTop, made with Tritan™ plastic. Tritan™ plastic is a clear, tough plastic that doesn’t scratch or break, or retain odors or stains, and it makes this formula dispenser awesome! It looks like glass, but it’s not as heavy. It has a greater shatter resistance than other plastics do, and it won’t warp or crack in the dishwasher!
Not only does it take up less room in your overnight bag than the regular formula container you get from the store, but it is also way more sanitary and spill proof! Formula is expensive, and I have had the misfortune of spilling a bunch of it in the bottom of one of my nice bags once. It got all over everything and was a sticky, powdery mess. Now that I have the NeoTop formula dispenser, I don’t have to worry about that happening anymore.
This revolutionary dispenser was designed by a board certified neonatologist, and just by looking at it, you can tell that a lot of thought really went into the design of this product. I love how easy it is to use. You simply pour your entire store bought container of baby formula into it, and when you are ready to make a bottle, you don’t even have to scoop it out with one of those formula scoops. You simply twist the container with the built in handle, and it will dispense precise servings of formula right into your baby’s bottle. I can actually make a bottle one-handed while holding onto my son with the other now. Before, he was always trying to grab that scoop out of my hand while I was trying to make it. He can’t get his hands into the NeoTop formula dispenser, though!
Check out the great video below which shows exactly how to use this product. I’m super impressed, and I know you will be too!