I have to admit, I’m a bit of a helicopter parent. I’ve been a stay at home Mom since the birth of my daughter, Kayleigh, in 2013, and last year we welcomed our son, Logan. I spend almost every waking hour of every day with my two kids, and I (almost) always know exactly what they are up to.
Kayleigh is finally at the age where I can leave her alone for a few minutes to do things like run downstairs and swap the laundry over. Logan, however, recently started walking, and gets into anything and everything you could possibly imagine. He is also at that stage where he puts everything he can find into his mouth – clumps of cat hair, pieces of old food that he finds in random places, his sister’s small toys, and I have to watch him like a hawk, so he doesn’t put a choking hazard into his mouth.
I have always been a worrier, and that has only gotten worse since I’ve had kids. Kayleigh slept in our bedroom until she was almost 10 months old, just so I could hear that she was still breathing. Yes, I am that Mom.
Both kids are now, thankfully, sleeping in their own bedrooms at night, and we keep their doors closed so that our cats won’t disturb them while they sleep. I honestly would go nuts if I wasn’t able to check on them while they slept, and that is why I am so happy to have a VTech VM343 digital video baby monitor. It allows me to check on my kids any time I want, without disturbing them.
Another perk of having the VTech digital video monitor is that I get to see cute little moments like this:
I was downstairs taking care of laundry when I heard Logan start to make some noises during his afternoon nap. I looked up at the video monitor, and saw his cute little face just standing there, patiently waiting for me to come get him. Isn’t he just the sweetest?! He was quietly cooing to himself, and I just stood there and watched him for a minute, taking it all in.
I love that I get to see moments like this while he’s still little. I feel like he is just growing up so fast, and that the years are going to fly by.
VTECH Safe&Sound® VM343 Expandable Digital Video Baby Monitor
I’m really loving all of the features of the VTech Safe&Sound® VM343 Expandable Digital Video Baby Monitor, which include:
- A pan and tilt camera with 2x zoom, which allows you to easily scan your baby’s room and zoom in close. The camera pans up to 270 degrees side-to-side and tilts as many as 120 degrees up and down. It has quite a range!
- Automatic night vision so you can see your kids clearly, even during the night hours.
- Full-color, high-resolution video equipped with night vision on a large 4.3-inch LCD screen. The picture quality is absolutely amazing!
- The monitor can expand up to four cameras, so you can keep an eye on your little one from any room. You can choose from multiple viewing options:
- Single view (one camera only)
- Split-screen viewing (all paired cameras at once)
- Patrol mode (a single view that transitions to a different camera every seven seconds)
I absolutely love having this option, because now I can keep an eye on both of my kids with one monitor, all night long!
- Digital transmission that keeps all videos private and secure, while cutting down on background noise to ensure the only sounds you hear are your baby’s.
- A range of up to 1000 feet! This is one of my favorite features. In the summer time, I love to sit in the back yard, around the fire with my husband, while the kids sleep. Being able to take this baby monitor outside will help me to be able to relax, knowing that they are safe and sound asleep in their beds.
I’m so excited to have peace of mind, knowing that I can check in on my kids any time I want. Having this ability, certainly helps me to sleep better at night. I keep the VTech digital video baby monitor right next to my bed, and if I hear any bumps in the night, I can quickly look over at the monitor to make sure my babies are safe and sound in their beds.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.