It seems like pressure cooking is all the rage these days, and after trying the Fairwind FWPCL 6 Liter Pressure Cooker, I can see why! It really makes cooking up your favorite meals so quick and easy.
I recently made a very simple minestrone in my new pressure cooker, and it came out delicious. I was very impressed with how easy it was to just put everything in the pot and let it cook while I did other things around the house. I really liked not having to watch the stove constantly while my soup cooked. In about 45 minutes, I had a hot and delicious bowl of soup ready to eat!
I love minestrone soup, because there are no set rules to making it. You can pretty much use any kind of broth base that you want – chicken, beef or vegetable, add some tomatoes and whatever other vegetables you want. Toss in some kidney beans and short pasta if desired, and you’ve got yourself a hearty bowl of soup in no time!
I’ve been trying to watch my weight, so I decided to make this soup without any pasta in it. This was my lunch for today, and if I was making it for dinner, I probably would have added some brown rice pasta to make it a little more filling. I thought this was just right for a light afternoon lunch though.
Using frozen vegetables, beef stock, diced tomatoes and dark red kidney beans, this soup was very inexpensive and easy to make. The vegetables were already pre-chopped, so there was really very little work on my part to bring this soup together. The full directions are below.
- 14 oz. frozen grilling blend vegetable mix (zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, red pepper)
- 14.5 can of oz. diced tomatoes (basil, garlic & oregano flavored)
- 1 cup dark red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
Add all ingredients to Fairwind Pressure Cooker, stir to combine, close the lid, making sure that the pressure release button is pointed down. Press the soup setting button on the pressure cooker. When the soup is done, the unit will beep. Season with salt and pepper, and top with grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
MORE ABOUT THE FAIRWIND FWPC6L 6 LITER PRESSURE COOKER
- Large 6 liter pot
- Easy to read digital screen
- 8 preprogrammed multifunctions – soup, fish/vegetable, meat/chicken, beans/chili, rice, porridge, steam and slow cook
- Lightweight with sturdy, comfortable handles – easy to transport and store
- Beautiful stainless steel finish with easy to read measurements inside the pot
- Easy to clean
- Keep warm function
- Includes a stainless steel steam rack, rice measuring cup and 2 serving spoons that can easily be stored inside the unit.
- Unit beeps at the end of cycle, and when the lid is removed or closed
I received a FairWind FWPC6L Pressure Cooker for the purpose of this review. This post was made possible by Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own.