As I was browsing Pinterest last week, looking for a fun Christmas cookie recipe, I came across these adorable Gingerbread Men Cookie Sticks. I instantly fell in love with them, and wanted to make them. My husband, however, is not a fan of gingerbread flavor, so I decided to make sugar cookie sticks instead, and turn them into snowmen instead of gingerbread men. I did another search on Pinterest for sugar cookie sticks, and found this recipe for Valentine’s Cookie Sticks. It was the perfect base I needed for my Snowman Sugar Cookie Sticks.
You may also like – 50 Christmas Cookie Swap Recipes
I used the same sugar cookie recipe, cut the cookie sticks into 1″ x 4″ pieces, and instead of icing, I used a basic vanilla buttercream frosting. I decorated the snowmen with candy eyes, orange mini M&M’s for the nose, a Twizzler scarf and mini M&M buttons. I think these Snowman Sugar Cookie Sticks turned out pretty cute, don’t you?!
I left these Snowman Sugar Cookie Sticks out on a plate for my daughter one night with a note from her Elf on the Shelf. She thought he made these sweet treats just for her, and she was absolutely delighted. My husband loved the cookie sticks, too!
- Rolled Sugar Cookie Dough from Glorious Treats
- Candy Eyes
- Orange, Green and Blue Mini M&M’s
- Buttercream Frosting (See recipe below.)
- After refrigerating cookie dough for at least 2 hours, roll out to 1/8 inch thick and cut into 1″ x 4″ rectangle shapes.
- Place cookie sticks on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Transfer baking sheet with cookie sticks to freezer for 5-10 minutes to prevent them from spreading in the oven.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 8-11 minutes.
- Allow cookie sticks to cool completely.
- Frost cookie sticks with buttercream frosting, and decorate with candy eyes, Twizzlers (cut to about 1″ in length) and mini M&M’s before frosting sets.
- Allow frosting to harden completely before serving.
This recipe makes approximately 40 sugar cookie sticks.
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 stick of butter (softened)
- 5 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream butter and confectioners’ sugar together in a large bowl. Gradually mix in milk and vanilla until smooth.
For more Pinterest remakes, here are a few of my favorite blogs:
- 5 minute Christmas ornament by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Snickerdoodle dairy free Christmas cookie recipe by Our Homemade Life
- Whipped White Chocolate Body Butter by Food Fun Family
- Popsicle Stick Snowflake Wreath by Mom Does it All
- Easy DIY Reindeer Ornament Your Child Can Make by Mommy Snippets
- Skillet Apple Cranberry Crisp by Upstate Ramblings
- Beeswax Glitter Candle by Mom Always Finds Out
- DIY Framed Christmas Decor by Philzendia