THIS RECIPE FOR THICK AND SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES IS TO DIE FOR!
So, I have been on this kick of trying to create my own recipe for things lately, from scratch. I sooo badly want to be a food blogger someday. Like, a really good one. I know the only way I am going to get there is through lots and lots of practice, so I’ve been experimenting with recipes like crazy. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
One thing that I really wanted to try to create was a perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. There are so many varieties of chocolate chip cookies out there, but I wanted thick and soft chocolate chip cookies that wouldn’t fall all apart when you eat them. I wanted them to have substance, and also a really great flavor. After some experimenting, I actually did create a recipe for perfectly thick and soft chocolate chip cookies!
I love this cookie sheet for several different reasons. For starters, this cookie sheet is HUGE. When they say “Jumbo”, they are not exaggerating. If you bake cookies often, this will save you lots of time because you can bake a lot of cookies all at once on this cookie sheet.
This cookie sheet is non-stick, which is just awesome. There is no need for silicon mats or parchment paper. The cookies slide right off after they are done baking.
My cookies always bake up very evenly on this cookie sheet, and I love that it only has one lip on it. It makes it really easy to pull it out of the oven without smushing any of the cookies, and the cookies just slide right off the side of the cookie sheet.
This cookie sheet is also super easy to clean! The cookies slide right off this cookie sheet, so there is pretty much zero clean up. I just wipe it down quickly with a wet cloth, and it’s good to go!
I absolutely love these thick and soft chocolate chip cookies! They just kind of melt in your mouth as you eat them, but they also hold their shape really well and don’t get crumbs all over the place while you’re eating them. To me, they are perfection!
- 3 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 1.5 tsp. baking soda
- 2 sticks softened salted butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
- With a mixer, cream together the softened butter and brown sugar until well combined.
- With the mixer on low, add in the vanilla, and then the eggs, one at a time. Mix until well combined. Mixture will become light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low, add in the flour mixture a little at a time until well combined. Don’t over mix. The mixture should be crumbly at this point.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips, and the dough should come together better at this point.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of cookie dough (I use a cookie scoop) onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick cookie sheet like my favorite Farberware Insulated Nonstick Jumbo Cookie Sheet.
- Press each cookie scoop down with the back of a spatula to flatten it down, as these will not spread out in the oven. If you don’t flatten them down, they will hold their cookie scoop shape.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack, transfer to an airtight container or freeze them for later using this method.
This recipe makes approximately 38 cookie scoop sized cookies.