This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Green Bean Casserole is one of my favorite Thanksgiving dishes. The combination of Del Monte® Green Beans, French’s® French Fried Onions and Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup is so delicious! We always seem to run out of it at our Thanksgiving dinners because everyone just loves it so much.
This year, I thought instead of just spooning the Green Bean Casserole onto our plates directly from the casserole dish, which we have always done, I would serve it up in a fun, new way.
I have always loved the combination of Green Bean Casserole and cornbread, so I decided to make some cornbread cups to hold all that delicious Green Bean Casserole. There is just something so fun about edible cups and bowls, isn’t there?
To make these cornbread cups, I simply baked up my favorite cornbread recipe in a jumbo muffin tin.
For this recipe, I mixed up a yellow cake mix in one bowl, 2 boxes of cornbread mix in another bowl, combined them, and then added a bunch of cheese for some extra flavor.
Then, I hollowed out the center of the muffins with a melon baller.
Next, I straightened up the edges a little bit with a knife.
Finally, I spooned that tasty Green Bean Casserole inside, and what I ended up with is the most delicious way I have ever eaten Green Bean Casserole. Seriously!
You can eat the Green Bean Casserole first, and then eat your cornbread after, or you can get a little adventurous and eat them together. I did the latter, and I highly recommend it!
Below are the full instructions for making these awesome Green Bean Casserole Cornbread Cups. I hope you will try serving them to your family at Thanksgiving this year!
- 1 yellow cake mix and water, oil and eggs according to box directions.
- 2 boxes of cornbread mix and milk and eggs according to box directions.
- 2 cups shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, mix yellow cake mix according to package directions.
3) In a separate bowl, mix cornbread mix according to package directions.
4) Pour cornbread mixture into yellow cake mixture and stir until combined.
5) Add cheese and stir to combine.
6) Spray a jumbo muffin tin with nonstick spray and fill 2/3 of each cup with cornbread mix.
7) Bake muffins for 23-25 minutes, until tops are golden brown and they spring back when you touch them.
8) Allow muffins to cool.
9) Hollow out the center of the muffins with a melon baller.
10) Straighten up the edges with a knife.
11) Spoon Green Bean Casserole (recipe below) into cornbread cups and serve immediately.
This recipe makes 12 jumbo muffins.
Green Bean Casserole
- 2 cans (10.5 oz. each) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cans (14.5 oz. each) any style Del Monte® Green Beans, drained
- 2 2/3 cups French’s® French Fried Onions
1) Stir soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 1-1/3 cups onions in 3-qt. casserole.
2) Bake at 350°F, uncovered, for 25 min. or until bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir bean mixture. Sprinkle with remaining onions.
3) Bake for 5 min. or until onions are golden brown.
TIP – Add 2 tbsp. garlic & herb seasoning, 2 tbsp. minced fresh garlic, and 1.5 cups of shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese to Step 1 of the Green Bean Casserole recipe for a cheesy garlic twist that is out of this world!
Next time you’re in Walmart, go look at the screens by the green bean casserole display at the end of the aisle. Walmart is picking the best of the ideas given by people like you and me to show right there in the store! If you see mine, let me know with a post or a tweet! Make sure to go to thisismytwist.com to see everyone’s suggested twists and follow #ThisIsMyTwist on social media.
Will you try serving Green Bean Casserole to your family in cornbread cups this year?
I want to know what you think about Green Bean Casserole! If you take the 10 Minute Survey, you will be receiving a $5 Walmart gift card if you are one of the first 100 people that fully completes the survey (U.S. citizens only, must be 18 years or older to participate).