This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Pantene.
Summer is my favorite time of year. I live in Maine, so our winter months are quite dreadful. Last year in particular was just horrible, as we got record amounts of snow. When summer finally gets here, I soak up every second of it, because I know soon enough I’ll be stuck inside the house for months on end again.
I do love summer, but I don’t like what the heat and humidity do to my hair. I have very thick, coarse hair, that will turn to complete frizz in a split second on hot summer days.
I’ve dealt with this frizzy hair problem all of my life, and I’ve learned some tricks along the way, to beat the summer frizz. Below are 5 really easy things you can do to combat your summer frizz too.
1. Blot your wet hair with a towel. When you step out of the shower, be sure to only blot your wet hair with a towel, instead of roughing it up. This will help your cuticles to stay healthy and allow your hair to lie flat, instead of frizzing up.
2. Use a wide-toothed comb, not a brush to comb through hair. Using a hair brush disrupts your hair’s cuticle and causes your hair to stretch, which can lead to breakage. Using a wide-toothed comb is much better for your hair.
3. Don’t use a conventional hair dryer to dry your hair. Too much hot air from conventional hair dryers will dehydrate it and cause it to frizz. Using an ionic hair dryer instead of a conventional one cuts down on drying time. By using less heat in a shorter time period, ionic dryers reduce frizz and protect hair against split ends. Shorter drying times mean less hair damage.
4. Choose a hairstyle that works for you. I was complaining to my hairdresser one day about not being able to grow my hair out long like I have always dreamed about. I have tried several times, and it always just ends up looking completely dreadful. I just don’t have the hair type to pull it off. My hairdresser said something in response to my complaint, that really resonated with me at the time, and that I still think about to this day. She told me that you should find a hairstyle that works for your type of hair and embrace it. So what if I can’t have the long, beautiful hair that I have always wanted. I know my hair looks best in a short bob hair-style, so I will rock that look.
5. Use a shampoo and conditioner tailored for frizzy hair. I have been using Pantene Smooth & Sleek Shampoo and Conditioner with Argan Oil for quite some time now, and I love it! This anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner helps tame frizzy hair for up to 72 hours, which is great, because you are really only supposed to wash your hair a few times per week to prevent your hair from drying out. Pantene’s damage defying formula helps your hair stay strong against damage, too. An added bonus is that it smells great!
It’s so important to use both shampoo and conditioner. Did you know that Pantene shampoos and conditioners work together to make hair 2x stronger than shampoo alone?
Pantene Smooth & Sleek shampoo and conditioner are available at Walmart, at an everyday low price, and they even offer a 2x money back guarantee if you don’t see the results you want. How great is that? If you can’t make it out to the store, no problem! Go ahead and order it from Walmart online and have it shipped right to your door!
What tips do you have to beat summer frizz?