Summer is almost over already. Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday we were buried under more than 4 feet of snow and I was 9 months pregnant with my son Logan. Time is flying by so fast. He just turned 5 months old yesterday. I wish time would slow down just a little bit! This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link in this post.
Having a newborn during the summer months isn’t easy. They can’t wear sunscreen or be out in the sun, so we’ve been stuck inside at home most days this summer. It’s been a very uneventful summer, for sure. Last summer was too, since I was newly pregnant and suffering from intense morning sickness brought on by the heat. I am really looking forward to next summer, when Kayleigh will be 3 and Logan will be 1. I am so excited to bring them to the playground, the pool, the beach, the zoo. I have a list about a mile long of fun family adventures that I want to go on. I can’t wait!
I was kind of feeling sorry for myself today, thinking about how I had been stuck inside the house most of this summer, especially after that absolutely horrible winter we had here in Maine, so I thought I would make myself a s’more to cheer me up a bit.
As I was contemplating this s’more, I had this thought to take it even further and make s’mores brownies, but then it really hit me. This idea. I would make s’mores brownies in cupcake form! Who doesn’t love a cupcake? I thought that would also keep me from eating a whole pan of brownies. It’s a lot easier to eat one cupcake than it is to eat one brownie.
I know this probably sounds a little complicated, but honestly, it’s really not. It’s so easy that my 2 year old daughter actually helped me. Well, she mostly ate them, but anyway, they are really easy to make.
Find Lots More Fun S’mores Ideas!
So Much S’more to Do: Over 50 Variations of the Campfire ClassicThe S’mores Cookbook: From S’mores Stuffed French Toast to a S’mores Cheesecake Recipe, Treat Yourself to S’more of EverythingGimme S’more!The S’mores Party: 50 Different Variations of S’mores Recipes!S’mores Galore! Ooey Gooey Recipes (No Campfire Required)20 Of The Best S’mores Recipes Ever!S’mores: Gourmet Treats For Every OccasionThe SMore Cookbook: Dozens of Ways to Enjoy Your Favorite Campfire Treat from S’More Cookies to Cakes
- Prepared brownie mix (from box or scratch)
- 7 sheets of graham crackers
- 12 marshmallows
- 1 Hershey’s chocolate bar
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Prepare brownie mix according to directions. Set aside.
- Crush graham crackers in food processor until very fine.
- Scoop one cookie scoop full of brownie batter into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of graham cracker crumbs on top of brownie batter in each cupcake liner.
- Scoop a second cookie scoop full of brownie batter on top of the graham cracker crumbs in each cupcake liner.
- Bake brownie cupcakes in a 350 degree oven for 23-25 minutes.
- Top each brownie with a marshmallow and place under the broiler (on high) for 2 minutes, or until marshmallows have melted a bit and are golden brown on top.
- Allow brownies to cool a little, then place a Hershey’s chocolate bar square into each marshmallow.
See, I told you it was easy. Now go enjoy some s’mores brownie cupcakes!