Get CASH BACK when you shop through Ebates!
It’s so easy!
Summer is almost over already. Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday we were buried under more than 4 feet of snow and I was 9 months pregnant with my son Logan. Time is flying by so fast. He just turned 5 months old yesterday. I wish time would slow down just a little bit!
Having a newborn during the summer months isn’t easy. They can’t wear sunscreen or be out in the sun, so we’ve been stuck inside at home most days this summer. It’s been a very uneventful summer, for sure. Last summer was too, since I was newly pregnant and suffering from intense morning sickness brought on by the heat. I am really looking forward to next summer, when Kayleigh will be 3 and Logan will be 1. I am so excited to bring them to the playground, the pool, the beach, the zoo. I have a list about a mile long of fun family adventures that I want to go on. I can’t wait!
I was kind of feeling sorry for myself today, thinking about how I had been stuck inside the house most of this summer, especially after that absolutely horrible winter we had here in Maine, so I thought I would make myself a s’more to cheer me up a bit.
As I was contemplating this s’more, I had this thought to take it even further and make s’mores brownies, but then it really hit me. This idea. I would make s’mores brownies in cupcake form! Who doesn’t love a cupcake? I thought that would also keep me from eating a whole pan of brownies. It’s a lot easier to eat one cupcake than it is to eat one brownie.
I know this probably sounds a little complicated, but honestly, it’s really not. It’s so easy that my 2 year old daughter actually helped me. Well, she mostly ate them, but anyway, they are really easy to make.
- Prepared brownie mix (from box or scratch)
- 7 sheets of graham crackers
- 12 marshmallows
- 1 Hershey’s chocolate bar
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Prepare brownie mix according to directions. Set aside.
- Crush graham crackers in food processor until very fine.
- Scoop one cookie scoop full of brownie batter into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of graham cracker crumbs on top of brownie batter in each cupcake liner.
- Scoop a second cookie scoop full of brownie batter on top of the graham cracker crumbs in each cupcake liner.
- Bake brownie cupcakes in a 350 degree oven for 23-25 minutes.
- Top each brownie with a marshmallow and place under the broiler (on high) for 2 minutes, or until marshmallows have melted a bit and are golden brown on top.
- Allow brownies to cool a little, then place a Hershey’s chocolate bar square into each marshmallow.
See, I told you it was easy. Now go enjoy some s’mores brownie cupcakes!