Thank you to Hefty for sponsoring today’s post.
I love baking around the holidays, but this year I’m super pregnant, and didn’t want to wait until the last minute to get my holiday baking done. I already had enough stuff to take care of in the days just before Christmas – attending a family Christmas party, addressing and mailing out Christmas cards, wrapping Christmas gifts, cleaning my house for guests.
I had decided to make my cookie dough a couple of weeks ago, and freeze it until I needed it. It saved me a bunch of time and energy this week, and baking the cookies out of the freezer was so easy.
Hefty has some really great tips for freezing cookie dough. Check them out:
ROUND 1 – FREEZING DOUGH FOR INDIVIDUAL COOKIES
1. Scoop balls of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with wax paper.
2. Freeze the cookie dough.
3. Place frozen cookie dough into a Hefty Slider freezer bag.
4. When you’re ready to bake your cookies, add an extra 1-2 minutes of baking time.
ROUND 2 – FREEZING AN ENTIRE BATCH OF COOKIE DOUGH
1. Form your cookie dough into a log.
2. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and freeze.
3. When you’re ready to bake your cookies, take the dough out of the freezer and thaw until the dough is cool.
4. Roll out your cookie dough and cut it into shapes.
ROUND 3 – FREEZING ALREADY BAKED COOKIES
1. Allow your cookies to cool.
2. Layer cookies and wax paper in storage container and freeze.
Tip – Frosting and icing do not freeze well.
Aren’t these tips fabulous? I am so excited that I now know how to freeze cookie dough properly, which will save me so much time and energy. No more rushing around at the last minute, trying to get everything done!
Check out these other great holiday tips from Hefty:
What kind of cookies are you making for the holidays this year? Will you try any of these methods to freeze your cookie dough?