Disclosure: I am a Hamilton Beach ambassador, and I received this product in exchange for my honest review and opinion. No other compensation was received.
When I moved into my first apartment, my sweet Nana bought me a mini food processor as a house warming gift. I absolutely loved that thing. I chopped up nuts, made salsas, and so much more. My favorite thing to make was a spinach pesto.
Now, I loved that food processor, but it was seriously small. It was the perfect size for me when I was single and living alone, but now I have a husband and a toddler, with another one on the way. It’s time for a bigger, and more grown up food processor!
I recently received the Stack & Snap 10 Cup Food Processor from Hamilton Beach, and I absolutely love everything about it. This food processor is much bigger than my other one, which allows me to make a meal for many more than just one person. I love how easy it is to put together, use, clean and store.
Another thing I love about this food processor, is that you just stack it up and snap it together. With my old food processor, I had to line it up just right, and twist it to lock it together. It was really a big pain a lot of the time. This one is so much easier! PLUS, when I pour my food out of this processor, the blade doesn’t come flying out at me like it did with my old one. That is pretty awesome, I must say!
The Stack & Snap 10 Cup Food Processor also has built-in cord storage and dishwasher-safe parts. It also has these cute little rubber feet on the bottom that help it stay in place on your counter or tabletop while you are using it!
After receiving this food processor, I immediately had to whip up a batch of my spinach pesto, as it had been quite a while since I had made it. It turned out great, and I can’t wait to use the food processor for so many more things too!
This spinach pesto is really delicious. I prefer to use almonds in my pesto instead of the usual pine nuts that most recipes call for, but you could change it out if you wanted to. It’s really thick, creamy and full of flavor, and I just love that gorgeous green color!
I normally serve this pesto sauce over linguini, but I had some macaroni on hand and used that instead. I added in some roasted grape tomatoes to add a burst of color and extra flavor. It’s also the holidays, so I thought the red and green combination would make a really pretty holiday dish.
Macaroni with Spinach Pesto and Roasted Grape Tomatoes
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (roasted)
- 1/2 cup olive oil + 1 tablespoon for roasting tomatoes
- A splash of fresh lemon juics
- Kosher salt & Pepper to taste
- Roast the slivered almonds in a non-stick fry pan over low heat until slightly brown. Make sure you don’t burn them! Roasting the almonds will really help to bring out their flavor.
- Combine all ingredients in the food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Mix grape tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and a pinch of Kosher salt & pepper. Spread the tomatoes out on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in 450 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook elbow macaroni according to package instructions, until al dente.
- Drain macaroni and stir in pesto mixture and roasted tomatoes. I served this dish hot, and it was fantastic. I think it would also taste pretty good served as a cold salad.
Hamilton Beach has generously offered to give a Stack & Snap 10 Cup Food Processor to one lucky Sincerely, Mindy reader. To enter to win this awesome giveaway, valued at $59.99, complete as many entries as you wish, using the Giveaway Tools application below. One person per household may enter. Open to US residents only, age 18+. Good luck!
What would you make with the Stack & Snap 10 Cup Food Processor?