Your family will absolutely love this easy slow cooker stuffed peppers recipe!
I have been on a slow cooker kick for the past couple of weeks. Pretty much every night, I have made something for dinner in my slow cooker. It’s so easy to throw a bunch of ingredients in while Kayleigh naps in the morning, and then by the time John gets home from work, we have an amazing meal waiting for us, with very little clean up! I also get to sit here and smell whatever’s cooking all day, which is pretty awesome I must say. This post contains affiliate links, and I may receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Today, I made stuffed peppers in the slow cooker. This was actually the very first time I have ever had stuffed peppers. Can you believe that?! And, wow, have I ever been missing out! This easy slow cooker stuffed peppers recipe is definitely going in the vault for future reference! Just look at all that beautiful stuffing…mmmm!
Here’s how you make these delicious and easy slow cooker stuffed peppers:
This easy slow cooker stuffed peppers recipe was inspired by The Recipe Critic.
6 Large Bell Peppers (I like to use an assortment of colors)
1 pound 90% lean ground beef
½ cup onion, diced very finely (unless you like chunky onions in your meal – I don’t)
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 cup instant white rice
1 cup beef stock
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1½ cup shredded Sharp White Cheddar cheese, divided
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup water
- In a small pot, bring beef stock to a boil. Turn stove burner off, add instant rice to beef stock, cover and set aside.
- Cut off the top of each pepper, pull out any remaining stem and scrape out the seeds and membranes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, rice, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, 1 cup of Shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Stuff each pepper with ground beef mixture.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water into bottom of slow cooker and place peppers on top.
- Cook peppers on low for 6 hours, or high for 4 hours, until peppers are tender and ground beef is cooked through.
- About 15 minutes before peppers are done, sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top to melt.
This easy slow cooker stuffed peppers recipe was featured on The Weekend Potluck. Link up your recipes and join the fun!