If you’re reading this post, there is a good chance you are wondering how you can cheer up a pregnant woman. Maybe your wife, friend, sister or daughter is pregnant and hasn’t really been feeling like herself lately. You’d like to do something nice to cheer her up, but you’re not exactly sure what to do. Well, I have some really great ideas to help cheer up a pregnant woman in your life. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
My sister, Angela, is 32 weeks pregnant now, and has hit that end of pregnancy slump, so I’ve been thinking of some things to do to cheer her up a little. I remember getting to that point in my pregnancy with Kayleigh last year, and just being so tired of being pregnant, and just plain tired! I went all the way to 41 weeks with my pregnancy with her, and every day at the end seemed like an absolute eternity.
While you can’t get that baby out of her as soon as she may like, there are many other things that you can do to cheer up a pregnant woman, especially at the end of her pregnancy. What I wanted most during that time, was something to just take my mind off the fact that I was super pregnant. When your belly is huge, and your body aches all over, and you’re not sleeping because you can’t get comfortable, and you’re peeing every 2 minutes, the pregnancy can just seem so consuming and overwhelming. I just wanted a distraction from all of that for a while.
If you’d like to do something to cheer up a pregnant woman in your life, try one of these…
1. Pamper her – I’ve never met a pregnant woman that would say “no” to a day of pampering. Take her out to get her hair and nails done, for a massage, a spa treatment, etc. If you can’t afford all of that, give her an at-home spa experience. Pick up a bottle of her favorite nail polish and paint her fingernails and toenails for her. She probably can’t reach her toenails right now, so would love someone to paint them for her. Buy some nice lotion and give her a gentle foot massage. You can also find face cleansing masks for fairly cheap, and I always feel so refreshed after using one on my face. A relaxing day of pampering is a surefire way to cheer up a pregnant woman! Just make sure any beauty products you get are safe for pregnant women.
These Gift Baskets are Perfect for Pampering a Pregnant Woman!
Earth Mama A Little Something for Mama-to-Be organic pregnancy Gift Set, 5 PieceGift Basket Village Great Expectations Gift Basket for Mom-To-Be3rd Trimester Pregnancy Gift BoxEarth Mama New Mom Organic Gift Box | Set of 5 Earth Mama Items + Bonus Gift Box with Ribbon & Card
2. Take her out to lunch – I felt so cooped up in the house during those final weeks of pregnancy. I jumped at every chance to get out and actually feel like a normal human being. It was a lot of fun to go out to lunch with a couple of friends, and have a nice meal. This may be one of the last chances she has to get out of the house for a while, so she will truly appreciate the gesture.
3. Clean her house – At the end of my pregnancy, it was really hard for me to do much of anything. My belly was enormous, and caused me to have a lot of back pain. I also had severe heartburn all the time, and just didn’t feel good. It was very hard to keep up with the house work, and I loved it when my Mom would come clean for me. She would vacuum, wash my dishes, help with the laundry, and pick up clutter, while I spent some time relaxing with my feet up. It was heavenly.
4. Cook her a meal – I seem to recall eating a lot of take-out at the end of my pregnancy, simply because I didn’t feel like cooking and dealing with all of the dirty dishes after. Ask her what her favorite meals are, and surprise her one night. She will enjoy a home-cooked meal that she didn’t have to make.
She’ll Love These Awesome Cookbooks Full of Healthy Recipes for Pregnant Women!
Natural Pregnancy Cookbook: Over 125 Nutritious Recipes for a Healthy PregnancyThe Whole 9 Months: A Week-By-Week Pregnancy Nutrition Guide with Recipes for a Healthy StartHealthy, Happy Pregnancy Cookbook: Over 125 Delicious Recipes to Satisfy You, Nourish Baby, and Combat Common Pregnancy DiscomfortsThe Pregnancy Cookbook (Revised and Expanded Edition)The Pregnancy Cookbook: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes packed with the Nutrients needed During PregnancyThe Well-Rounded Pregnancy Cookbook: Give Your Baby a Healthy Start with 100 Recipes That Adapt to Fit How You FeelPREGNANCY COOKBOOK: 90 Recipes Ready Within 30 Minutes. (A Pregnancy Cookbook)What to Eat When You’re Pregnant: A Week-by-Week Guide to Support Your Health and Your Baby’s Development
5. Take her shopping for new maternity clothes – By the end of my pregnancy, I was quickly outgrowing all of the maternity clothes that I had bought early on in my pregnancy. I desperately needed some new items, and I felt so much better after John took me out shopping one day. It’s amazing how much better you feel in clothes that fit you correctly, especially when you are feeling as big as a house.
6. Offer to babysit for her – If she has other kids at home, offer to take them for a while so she can have some peace and quiet and time to relax. I didn’t have any other children at home when I was pregnant with Kayleigh, but I sure did enjoy having quiet time to myself, and taking long naps.
7. Take her out for a walk – Going for a walk outside can be very relaxing. Not only is it nice to get out of the house, but it’s also good for her to get some sunshine and exercise too. It will give her mood a boost for sure!
8. Have a girls’ night in – Gather up a group of her friends and have a good old-fashioned girls’ night in. Mix up some mocktails, break out the board games, watch a romantic comedy and have some fun. It will help to take her mind off of being pregnant for a while.
9. Have a fun photo-shoot – My Mom took some pregnancy photos of me at the end of my pregnancy, and it was actually a lot of fun. I got dressed up, and we had a little photo-shoot outdoors. It was really nice to get outside and get some fresh air. It also allowed me to embrace my pregnant belly, and feel beautiful again.
Check Out These Fun Ideas for Celebrating that Beautiful Pregnant Belly!
TAFLY 10 Sheets Facial Expressions Pregnancy Baby Bump Belly Stickers Maternity Week StickersProudbody Basic Pregnancy Belly Cast KitProudBody Pregnancy Belly Painting KitOwnstyle Couples Belly Stickers for Pregnant Women as Sticker Photo Studio Free Collocation 9 Pcs (09)
10. Offer to help her get the nursery ready – After my baby shower, I was completely overwhelmed. My living room looked like a baby store had exploded in it, and I didn’t even know where to start in putting everything away in the nursery. I was so exhausted, and just didn’t want to deal with it. My sister, Angela, stayed with me for a couple of days, and helped me get everything put away, and it was such a huge help. It was one of the things I appreciated most in the final weeks of my pregnancy.
Find the Perfect Gift for a Mama-to-Be!
Pregnant women also love thoughtful gifts. Check out these Earth Mama Angel Baby Gifts for some great ideas. They are specifically for pregnant women, and include things like organic heartburn tea, lip balms, body butter, morning wellness tea (this helped me SO much with morning sickness when I was pregnant!!), body wash and more! Earth Mama Angel Baby also has some really great gifts for after the baby arrives!
What cheered you up at the end of your pregnancy? Do you have anything to add to the list of ways to cheer up a pregnant woman?
Image provided by freedigitalphotos.net.