It’s no secret that I love coffee. In my busy, hectic life, I look forward to that morning cup of coffee every single day. It helps to pull me out of that early morning fog, and it’s just so darn tasty.
A friend of mine once described a cup of coffee as a “warm hug in a mug” and I couldn’t agree more. There’s just something so comforting about sipping on a steaming hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning, or late in the afternoon, after dinner – any time of day or night, really. There’s a reason why so many people drink coffee on a regular basis. It’s wonderful and amazing.
I actually did not start drinking coffee until I was 29 years old (*gasp*). I know, I know, crazy, right?! I had tried it a few times before, but found it to be bitter. It wasn’t until John made me a cup of coffee with Coffee-mate creamer that I fell in love with it.
I realized that there is a huge difference between adding regular milk (which my parents had always done, ALWAYS) and adding Coffee-mate creamer. Coffee-mate’s smooth, creamy taste has been perfected to bring out the flavor in coffee, and gives a balanced cup every time. Coffee-mate creamer is solely responsible for my love of coffee!
To this day, my parents still add milk to their coffee (I think they must not have any taste buds, seriously). Whenever I visit them, I make sure to bring a bottle of Coffee-mate with me. Coffee just isn’t coffee without Coffee-mate creamer. When my two sisters are visiting at the same time, they can’t thank me enough. They are anti-milk as well. I’ve been trying to convert my parents for years, but they are very stubborn and set in their ways. One day, one day, I will get to them. I’m going to just stock their entire fridge with all of the delicious varieties of Coffee-mate and they will have no choice but to fall in love with it as I have.
Coffee-mate Has A New Flavor!
As if Coffee-mate wasn’t already great enough, now they have a brand new flavor – Extra Sweet & Creamy! I could not wait to get my hands on this. I’ve always loved the Original and Italian Sweet Creme flavors, so I knew I would love this one as well. This new flavor is just starting to roll out in stores, so keep an eye out for it!
The Extra Sweet & Creamy flavor is not overly sweet, but gives just a hint of sweetness. It’s pretty perfect, in my opinion. There are some mornings when I’m craving a little something sweet, and this definitely satisfies that.
Coffee-mate is superb in coffee, but why stop there? Did you know that you can use Coffee-mate to replace milk in recipes, too? Ohhhh ya. Who needs milk when you can use something extra smooth, creamy and flavorful instead?!
I decided to give my breakfast a bit of a sweet boost with Extra Sweet & Creamy Coffee-mate this morning. Take a look at the delicious Extra Sweet & Creamy Crepes with Mixed Berry Sauce that John and I indulged in. Oh my goodness. They were amazing in every way.
If you are intimidated by crepes, don’t be. I was for a long time, too. They do look a bit complicated, but they seriously are not. They are really easy to make, and so tasty. You’re totally missing out on something great if you don’t try these.
Extra Sweet & Creamy Crepes with Mixed Berry Sauce
Adapted from Basic Crepes
For the Crepes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Extra Sweet & Creamy Coffee-mate
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. butter (melted)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the Extra Sweet & Creamy Coffee-mate and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. I found it easier to allow the frying pan to cool down between each crepe. Otherwise, the crepe would start to cook before I was able to fully coat the frying pan.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a wide rubber spatula, turn and cook the other side.
Makes approximately 8 crepes.
For the Mixed Berry Sauce:
- 12 oz. bag of frozen mixed berries (I used strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries)
- 1-2 tbsp. sugar (depending on your tastes – the crepes will be on the sweet side, so I preferred to keep the berries on the tart side to balance out the flavor)
- 1/4 cup water
Pour bag of mixed berries into a medium sized sauce pan. Add sugar and water and stir with wooden spoon. Heat over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until berries have softened and thickened up.
Follow Coffee-mate on Twitter for more delicious fun and giveaway opportunities!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.