I love to eat oatmeal for breakfast, but some times it can get a little boring. I’ve recently been looking for ways to spice up my oatmeal a bit. Did you know that you can infuse oatmeal with tea?? I never knew this, but now that I do, I’m going to experiment with several different tea flavors.
Tea has so many great health benefits, and it’s a really excellent way to flavor your oatmeal, without adding a bunch of sugar.
Today was my first time trying tea infused oatmeal. I had a box of Yogi Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy Tea. Not only does it taste great, but it supports elevated mood and energy levels, too. What a great way to start the morning!
Infusing your oatmeal with tea is really quite simple. Here’s how you do it:
- 2 Bags of Tea
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 Cup of Quaker Oats
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat, add tea bags and allow to steep for a few minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add oatmeal, stir.
- Return pot to the burner and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until oatmeal reaches desired consistency.
What kind of tea would you flavor your oatmeal with?