This Maple Crown Royal Pound Cake Recipe is absolutely delicious!
Valentine’s Day is coming up very quickly. I don’t really have a lot of spending money now that I’m a stay-at-home Mom, so I thought I’d get a little creative with John’s Valentine’s Day gift this year and bake something yummy for him. The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, right?!
John is a huge fan of Crown Royal Whiskey. That, mixed with a splash of ginger ale, is his drink of choice. Around Christmas time last year, we bought a bottle of Crown Royal Maple Flavored Whiskey. Neither one of us had tried it yet, and we were intrigued. We were pleasantly surprised by how good it is. The maple scent and flavor of this whiskey is wonderful. It kind of tastes like a pancake!
We were getting down to the end of the bottle, and I wanted to try making a pound cake with it before it was completely gone.
I searched through a lot of pound cake recipes, trying to find one that I could easily adapt, and I finally settled on a recipe for a Sunny Orange Pound Cake Loaf from At the Corner of Happy and Harried. I hoped that I could just swap out the orange ingredients for maple and come up with a delicious Maple Crown Royal Pound Cake recipe. I had my fingers crossed that I wasn’t about to waste good liquor on something that didn’t turn out well.
As I mixed the pound cake ingredients together, the maple aroma was so amazing. I couldn’t resist taste-testing the batter. It was absolute heaven. I had to stop myself from eating it. There is, after all, raw eggs in it. So, the batter tasted fantastic, but how would it taste after it was baked?
It was INCREDIBLE! This Maple Crown Royal Pound Cake was so moist and full of delicious maple flavor. The sticky syrup poured over the top of the pound cake was sweet, with a little bit of a whiskey bite to it.
I ate two pieces and had to stop myself from eating more. Look at that pool of gooey syrup in the middle there. Mmmm. It goes wonderfully with a cup of coffee! I will definitely be making this Crown Royal Pound Cake recipe again, and sharing it with all my friends!
For the cake (Makes one 9″ loaf cake)
- Butter – 1/2 cup, softened
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2, large
- Maple syrup – 1 tbsp
- All purpose flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Crown Royal Maple Flavored Whiskey – 1/2 cup
- Milk or buttermilk – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
For the Maple Whiskey syrup
- Maple Syrup – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Crown Royal Maple Flavored Whiskey – 2 tsp
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 deg.F. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan thoroughly or line with foil.
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and maple syrup and beat well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Combine the Maple Flavored Whiskey, milk/buttermilk and vanilla extract in another.
- Add the flour mixture and Maple Whiskey mixture to the batter alternately, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Spoon into the prepared pan, smooth the top (batter will be thick) and bake for 40-45 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test. Check the cake at 30-35 minutes. If the top seems to be browning too rapidly, tent with foil and bake until done.
- For the Maple Whiskey syrup: A few minutes before the cake is done baking, prepare the syrup by heating the maple syrup, Maple Flavored Whiskey and sugar in a saucepan over low heat for a few minutes, until sugar has dissolved and mixture has thinned out a bit. Stir continuously to prevent it from sticking to the pot.
- Poke holes all over the top of the pound cake with a toothpick and pour Maple Whiskey syrup mixture over the top. Spread evenly over pound cake with a knife. Allow cake to cool completely before slicing.
Do you know someone who loves Crown Royal Maple Whiskey? Bake this Crown Royal Pound Cake recipe for them as a special treat!