Educational YouTube channels can be an amazing resource for kids and babies. My kids, 3 and 1, have learned SO much from watching educational YouTube channels. You can check out our favorites below. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
What is the Best Way to Teach Your Baby or Toddler?
- Babies and toddlers learn best from repetition. That’s why watching educational YouTube channels over and over again works so well!
- Babies and toddlers learn best from bright and engaging photos and videos. In addition to utilizing free educational YouTube channels, I purchased several “First 100” board books for my kids. We all know just how important reading is for a child’s development!
These “First 100” board books are absolutely amazing, and it’s nice to take a break from watching YouTube. They are packed full of bright and engaging photos that kept my kids interested and learning for hours.
They loved pointing to each item in the book and asking me what it was over and over again until they learned it. Then they would go through the books and tell me what each item was all by themselves!
Both of my kids had learned most of the items in these books by 18-20 months old! Friends, family, and even their pediatrician couldn’t believe how much they had learned at such an early age!
Recommended for Your Little Learner:
Teach words, numbers, colors, shapes, animals, farm animals, trucks and more! Grab the box set below to get started!
There are so many great educational YouTube channels for kids and babies, and I love to take advantage of them. Kids love to watch tv, so why not educate them at the same time?
After watching youtube channels for several months, we have come up with a list of our favorites. The ones included in this list are full of upbeat music, bright and colorful graphics, and lots of educational facts.
There are a lot of youtube channels out there that are hard to understand, are not as attention grabbing, or not as educational as I would like them to be. We really had to weed through a lot of junk to find the ones that my kids like the most, and that I feel are a good fit for them.
Another factor in my decision is how annoying they are to me (ha!). If you’re going to sit and listen to the same videos over and over again all day, you have to make sure that they aren’t going to drive you completely crazy!
Here’s a list of the 5 Best Educational YouTube Channels for Kids and Babies that I came up with. These channels work great for us. They hold my kids’ attention for hours, I don’t find them to be too annoying, and they are very educational.
1. KidsTV123 – This is actually the first educational youtube channel that we started watching with Kayleigh. The songs are very catchy and the man that sings them has a very soothing voice. She absolutely loves this channel. Her favorite video from this channel is The Solar System song. Perhaps one day she will be an astronaut!
2. The Learning Station – This channel has educational videos – the alphabet, phonics, colors, etc., but they also have very fun songs that allow children to dance and use their imaginations. This channel is excellent for getting kids active and releasing some of that energy they have! Here’s one of our favorites, A Root Chy Cha.
3. Busy Beavers – This channel is great for teaching the alphabet, colors, numbers, etc. The graphics are very big and bright and Kayleigh loves their videos.Here’s a great counting video. I love how they reinforce the numbers with a piano note each time.
4. Have Fun Teaching – This channel has a lot of really fun and catchy rap songs, like this one for the Alphabet Song.
5. Hoopla Kidz – Admittedly, I had a really hard time filling this last spot in my list. The first four in this list came very easy to me, but I struggled with this one. There are a few different stations I was tossing around for spot number 5, like Harry Kindergarten, Elf Kids Videos and ToyBoxToons. Hoopla Kidz won out, however, due to the popularity of the channel, and the amount of videos they have available to watch. I find this station to be a bit on the annoying side, which is why it wasn’t really easy to place here. We don’t watch this channel as much as we watch the other four named in this list.
***UPDATE: Since writing this post, our family has found another favorite educational YouTube channel for kids and babies! Check out ABCkidTV on YouTube!
What are some of your kid’s favorite educational YouTube channels?
Image courtesy of digitalart at FreeDigitalPhotos.net