Disclosure: I received a free product to facilitate this review. All opinions are 100% my own.
I am really looking forward to spring and summer this year. Kayleigh will be a year old, and we plan on taking her on some fun day trips, like to the zoo and to Acadia National Park.
John and I like to hike the trails around our state, and taking a stroller on them is just not an option most of the time. It’s some times very rocky terrain, or tall grass. I recall one time last summer when we went to the Viles Arboretum, we tried bringing Kayleigh on one of the trails in the stroller, and we had to turn around because the stroller couldn’t handle it. We saw another couple with a small baby come in as we were leaving, and they had their baby in a carrier strapped to the Dad. What a brilliant idea!
We went out and purchased a baby carrier shortly after that incident, but I didn’t know anything about carriers at the time. After trying out the one we bought, I hated it. It was not comfortable whatsoever. It was also really complicated to get on and off, and there was no way I could put it on by myself. I’m not even sure where that carrier is at the moment, and I honestly don’t care. I’ll never use it again.
I was absolutely thrilled when I was offered a Boba Carrier to try out. I had high hopes for this one, and it did not disappoint!
I LOVE the Boba Carrier. It is so easy to put on, that I can even do it by myself. I had to have John help me with the other one that we had. I am a stay-at-home Mom, so I really need one that I could put on by myself, and not have to rely on someone else to help me with.
Not only is the Boba Carrier easy to put on, but it is super comfortable. The shoulder straps are padded very well, so they don’t cut into me. The buckles rest perfectly on my body and it doesn’t feel tight. I could wear this carrier for hours, and it wouldn’t bother me one bit. This is definitely a great carrier for walking and hiking.
The Boba Carrier holds babies from 7 to 45 pounds, which means that we will be able to use this for quite a while. I think my other carrier only went up to 25 pounds.
Here are some of the other awesome features of the Boba Carrier:
- Fits heights 5’0″ – 6’3″ – This is a really great feature because most women are shorter than their male counterparts, but Dad often wants to use the carrier too. Because this fits such a wide range of heights, it can easily be shared between Mom and Dad.
- Waist range 25″ – 58″ – Again, this feature makes it great for couples to share baby carrying duty.
- Removable hood – How convenient is this?! This carrier has a hood, which is great for rainy days, or to keep the sun out of baby’s face.
- Breastfeeding buckle – If you’re a breastfeeding Mom, you know just how hard it is to get yourself and baby situated, especially out in public. This buckle makes it easy to breastfeed your baby while they are still in the carrier!
- Removable foot straps – These are great for supporting those little legs!
- Purse holders – On each shoulder strap of the carrier, there is a purse strap holder to keep your purse, diaper bag, shoulder bag, etc. in place. No more sliding off your shoulder constantly!
- Integrated Infant Insert – When snapped, the insert lets newborns 7-10 lbs. sit higher up, while the second position leaves the insert unsnapped letting a slightly bigger child (11-15 lbs.) rest lower in the carrier.
- Smartphone pocket – This comes in very handy!
- Hood pocket – The hood I mentioned before rolls up and slips right into a pocket on the Boba when it’s not in use.
- Sliding chest strap – allows for easier adjustability between different carrying adults, and enables the user to be able to comfortably babywear, without the need for any assistance or help with buckles from others.
The Boba Carrier comes in several different colors. I chose the Tweet pattern. Isn’t it adorable?!
This carrier is priced at $128.00, which is quite a large expense, but we paid $80 for our other one and I hated it. This carrier is definitely worth $128.00, given all of the features it has to offer, as well as how comfortable it is.