This post is the second of three posts over three months sponsored by Super Cuts! Read the first post, Why a Super Cuts Franchise is a Great Business Opportunity – Even If You Don’t Cut Hair!
John and I have tossed around the idea of starting our own business a few times. John would probably already have a business up and running if I let him, as he is more of a “fly by the seat of your pants” kind of guy. I, on the other hand, like to take my time before jumping into anything. I am a planner. I need to do research, and projections, and be completely organized. I’ve always compared myself to Monica on Friends if that tells you anything about my personality. I just have to have control over every situation, and owning a business is definitely one area that I feel I would need to have complete control over.
Since I am a research nut, I love reading different statistics. I often wondered what type of people are looking to start a business of their own. It’s always nice to know how you compare to your competition.
#Franchising Facts From Super Cuts
Super Cuts did some of the leg work for me, and surveyed 1,000 people with a net worth of over $200,000. Here are the results:
- 56% are planning on opening or starting a business in the next 12-18 months. (Either alone or with a partner.)
- 25% are females looking to start their own business.
- 56% looking to start a business are planning on having a business partner.
- 31% of the people looking to start a business are planning on going into business with a spouse or domestic partner. (That’s roughly 10% of all respondents.)
- 30% of respondents looking to start a business are going into business with a friend and 26% are going into business with a colleague.
- Females are more likely to go into business with a spouse or domestic partner than males.
Wonder how business partners are likely to be related? Here’s a handy dandy chart:
It certainly looks like there are a lot of other spouse/domestic partner business partners out there! That brings me a bit of peace knowing that other couples are able to make their joint business ventures work.
If you’re thinking about starting a business, don’t forget to read why Super Cuts is a fantastic franchising opportunity here.