BBQ pork ribs are one of my absolute favorite meals. They can be so tender and delicious, if you know how to cook them right. If they aren’t cooked right, however, they can taste really dry and chewy, and nobody wants to eat dry and chewy ribs.
BBQ pork ribs are often thought of as a summer dish, but I love to serve them up all year round. I live in Maine, where it gets really cold during the winter, and BBQ pork ribs can really be a warm and delicious comfort meal on a cold day.
Since it’s too cold to cook outside on the grill during the winter months, I have to cook my ribs inside. Cooking meat in the oven can be a little tricky, as it often times will dry the meat out. After a lot of trial and error, I finally figured out a way to keep meats moist and tender, and incredibly flavorful, even when they are cooked in the oven. The secret is to use extra virgin olive oil. This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
I love cooking with extra virgin olive oil. I cook with it so much, that I go through about a bottle of it every week. Whenever I cook up a steak, chicken tenders, pork chops, etc., I splash some extra virgin olive oil in my fry pan, season my meat, and toss it in the pan. I then let the meat cook over low-medium heat. The extra virgin olive oil keeps the meat from drying out and sticking to the pan, and it also gives it this really nice buttery flavor.
DELICIOUS BBQ PORK RIBS IN ONLY 2 HOURS
I used to think you had to cook ribs all day long in order for them to be moist and tender, and fall off the bone. That’s just not the case though. One day, I decided to experiment with my ribs, and found a way to get delicious bbq pork ribs in only 2 hours!
Here’s how to get delicious bbq pork ribs in only 2 hours!
- Simply take your ribs, and place them on a sheet of aluminum foil. This method works for both bone-in and boneless ribs.
- Next, roll up the sides of the aluminum foil up around the ribs to hold them in. Don’t cover the top yet.
- Then, splash a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil over them.
- Next, pour a generous amount of your favorite barbecue sauce over the ribs. Stonewall Kitchen has some truly amazing bbq sauces that would make these ribs extra tasty. You can choose from delicious flavors like bourbon molasses, boozy bacon, honey miso and more! Your friends and family will be so impressed with your incredible cooking skills!
- Take a second sheet of aluminum foil and completely wrap the ribs.
- Place your ribs in an appropriate sized casserole dish and cover.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 2 hours.
Follow the steps above, and you’ll have the most amazing bbq pork ribs! Your family will think you’ve been cooking them all day. I’ve tried skipping the olive oil before, and the ribs came out dry. The olive oil is definitely what makes these ribs so moist and flavorful.