Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner, which means it’ll soon be time for parties and entertaining guests.
When I have guests coming over, I get really stressed out thinking about everything I have to do to get ready, from cooking to cleaning my home.
There are a few areas of my home that are often overlooked, until my guests have arrived, and I finally realize that I forgot to clean them. Set in embarassing panic mode!
Here’s a list of places you might not think to clean before your guests arrive, that they will probably notice. Don’t get caught in an embarassing situation!
1. Underneath Furniture – I think this is probably the most overlooked place to clean in my home. Out of sight, out of mind, right? You don’t ever think anyone will notice the dust bunnies underneath your furniture, until a guest drops something on the floor during your party, and the couch needs to be moved out to find it. You just never know what you might find under there, so be prepared and clean that area ahead of time!
2. Window and Door Frames – The window and door frames in my home get pretty gross, with dust and dirt, and sometimes even dead bugs! Make sure these areas are on your list of places to clean before guests arrive!
3. Stairs and Railings – You vacuum your floors, but do your remember to vacuum off your stairs and railings? Dust bunnies love to collect in the crevices of stairs, and if you run your finger over your railings, you’ll likely find a layer of dust built up there as well.
4. Ceiling Corners – Make sure to check all of your ceiling corners when you are cleaning your home in preparation for guests. Ceiling corners are a great place for cobwebs to accumulate.
5. Behind the Bathroom Toilet – You clean the toilet seat and bowl, but do you remember to clean behind your toilet? This area collects a lot of moisture and is a breeding ground for dirt and grime and hair. Ewww.
Cleaning these overlooked places is really easy with BISSELL! The new PowerGlide® with Lift-Off® Technology is powerful yet lightweight enough to tackle the home’s toughest messes, including stairs, drapes and other hard-to –reach places.
No loss of suction and sealed system
One-step removable pod for portable cleaning
Swivel steering for maneuverability
Adjustable handle for easy use and storage
12-inch foot for stability
Large capacity dirt cup
Included TurboBrush® and crevice tool
Get more great cleaning tips from BISSELL!