I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for McCain Foods. I received a sample to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.
Growing up in Maine, John and I have both had our fair share of potatoes over the years. My Dad always had a garden full of potatoes, and pretty much every dinner we had, included potatoes in some form. They were a really inexpensive and filling side dish, a necessity for a one-income family with three kids.
You may think that having so many potatoes as a child would cause me to grow tired of them, but that’s just not the case. I still love potatoes, in every form, to this very day. Potatoes are so versatile, that you can really get creative with them. I eat them as a side dish, a snack, and some times, as an entire meal!
John and I don’t have a garden full of potatoes, and my Dad doesn’t anymore either, but we are still able to get our potato fix with McCain Potatoes products. They have several different varieties to choose from, so we never grow tired of them. We especially enjoy all of their fries!
While we love McCain’s fries straight out of the bag (and baked, of course!), we also like to get a little fancy and dress them up a bit sometimes. Below is a list of 10 great ways to dress up fries. The possibilities for dressing up fries are really endless. Just use your imagination, and see what you can come up with!
1. Waffle Fry Burger Bites – Top waffle fries with mini burgers, pickles, bacon, ketchup, mustard, etc. Use toothpicks to hold them together. These make great appetizers!
2. Poutine – Poutine is a Canadian tradition, but is also very popular here in Maine. I’ve seen it on quite a few different menus around here. Traditionally, poutine is made by topping fries with brown gravy and cheese curd, but you can really use any kind of cheese you’d like! This is a really great comfort dish.
3. Nacho Fries – Top fries with your favorite nacho fixins – cheese, salsa, hamburg, onions, jalapenos, etc. If you like nachos, you’ll really love these!
4. Garlic Dill Fries – Top fries with garlic salt & dill. Add a splash of vinegar to spice them up even more!
5. Pizza Fries – Top your favorite fries with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni for some delicious pizza fries!
6. Buffalo Chicken Fries – Top fries with buffalo chicken pieces, cheddar cheese & ranch dressing!
7. Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potato Fries – Sweet potato fries are so yummy when topped with a sprinkling of cinnamon & sugar!
8. Loaded Fries – Top your favorite fries with cheese, bacon, & jalapenos or scallions.
9. Rosemary Parmesan Fries – Fries sprinkled with rosemary & Parmesan cheese are amazing!
10. Chili Fries – Top fries with your favorite chili & shredded cheese.
McCain Grocery Goodness Giveaway
McCain Potatoes is running a Facebook Contest where they will select 1 winner each week (8 winners total) to receive a $500 grocery store gift card! Contestants can also check out the Grocery Goodness Giveaway tab for to receive a $1 off coupon off any 1 bag of McCain Potatoes products!
Load up on groceries your family loves, and bring naturally good moments to the dinner table every time you serve McCain Potatoes.
Do you like your fries plain, or do you dress them up a bit too? I’d love to hear your ideas!
Potato image provided by FreeDigitalPhotos.Net