Bento lunches are all the rage these days. My Mom never packed a full-on bento lunch box, but I used to love it when she would leave me a little note on my napkin. Just knowing that she was thinking of me helped me get through a rough day at school.
I can’t wait to pack school lunches for Kayleigh. You can be sure I’ll be packing her some pretty awesome bento lunches! I’ve had a lot of fun browsing the web for bento lunch box supplies and ideas. It kind of makes me wish she was in school already. Ok, well, maybe not…
Anyway, here are some of the great bento lunch box supplies I found, in case YOU have a child that is the appropriate age to go to school and you’d like to pack them a super cool bento lunch! This post contains affiliate links, and I will receive compensation if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
1. Wildkin Lunch Box – So, obviously, the first thing you’ll need to make a great bento lunch for your child, is a lunch box. I really love this Wildkin Polka Dots lunch box. Wildkin has several other design choices, including camo, horses, ladybugs and more. These lunch boxes are PVC, BPA and Phthalate-free, insulated and easy-to-clean!
2. EasyLunchboxes 3-compartment Bento Lunch Box Containers (Set of 4) – Next up, you’ll need some good bento boxes. You should make sure that they will easily fit in the lunch box you select. You should also make sure they are sturdy enough to stand up to a lot of use, and large enough to pack a good-sized lunch. I really like this set of 4 EasyLunchboxes 3-compartment Bento Lunch Box Containers. They are BPA-free, they nest together to save space when not in use, and are safe for microwave, freezer, and dishwasher. They also have kid-friendly, easy-open lids. This does mean that they are not leak-proof, though, so you should avoid packing liquids or runny food in them.
3. Freshware Silicone Baking Cups (Set of 12) – Next, you’ll need some cute containers to put food items in. I really like these colorful silicone baking cups, which are reusable. These are round, but you can find silicone baking cups in many other shapes. Just pick out whatever colors and shapes you like!
4. Evriholder Stainless Steel Sandwich Crust Cutters – I just love these crust cutters. They turn an ordinary sandwich into something fun, like hearts or a dinosaur in just seconds! There are many other design options out there, so take a look around to find ones your kids are sure to love.
5. Fox Run Micro Cookie Cutter Set – These micro cookie cutters are really great for cutting cute shapes into things like fruit and cheese.
6. Egg Molds – Boiled eggs are a really great source of protein for your little ones. Use these egg molds to turn an ordinary boiled egg, into a fun shaped egg! These molds could also be used to mold white rice into different shapes.
7. Post-it Die-Cut Notes – You’ll need something to write those little notes to your children on. I just love these flower-shaped post-it notes. You can find post-it notes in many different shapes, like hearts and stars.
8. Food picks – The cute food picks will add another bit of flare to your child’s lunch. They’ll just love these adorable animals.
9. Sporks – These sporks are a fun, colorful, and easy way for kids to eat their food.
10. Yum-Yum Bento Box: Fresh Recipes for Adorable Lunches – If you’re in need of some inspiration to create adorable bento lunches for your kids, check out this book full of great bento lunch ideas!
What are some of your favorite bento lunch box supplies and/or ideas?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.