Wow, can you believe Labor Day is almost here?! For most of you, your kids have already gone back to school, marking the end of your summer. Kayleigh’s not in school yet, so for me, the end of summer comes with Labor Day.
As always, I’m very sad to see summer go. It feels like it went by so fast this year. Don’t get me wrong, I love everything about fall – apple picking, decorating pumpkins, the crisp air and the beautiful leaves changing color, but fall signifies that winter is on its way. I live in Maine, and I hate our winters!
When Labor Day comes around each year, I like to make the most out of it, and really celebrate those final days of summer. One thing I enjoy doing is baking up some summery desserts, before everything turns to apples and pumpkins! Below is a list of 20 Fabulous Labor Day Desserts I found across the internet. I can’t wait to try some of these out!
1. Lemon Blueberry Trifle – Is there anything more refreshing than lemons and blueberries? Put them together, and you’ve got a dessert that’s out of this world! I love how light, yet so satisfying this dessert is!
2. 3 Ingredient Vanilla Ice Cream – What’s summer without ice cream?? Skip the expensive ice cream stands and make this ice cream at home instead! With only 3 ingredients, it’s super simple to make. Add your favorite toppings to make it your own!
3. Gooey S’Mores Bars – S’Mores are a definite summer staple for me. Summer’s not over until I have a s’more. If you’ve already packed up your campfire gear for the year though, here’s a great recipe for Gooey S’Mores Bars you can bake inside all year long!
4. Watermelon Smoothies – John and I have had our fair share of watermelon this summer. It’s one of our favorite summertime treats. Here’s a great recipe for a refreshing watermelon smoothie!
5. Strawberry Dessert Pizza – Unfortunately, John and I never got to go strawberry picking this year like we had wanted to, but I still can’t wait to try out this awesome looking strawberry dessert pizza!
6. Peach Cobbler – Oh, how I love biting into a juicy peach, or sipping on some peach iced tea on a hot summer day. Here’s a great recipe for a delicious peach cobbler.
7. Rhubarb Dessert – When I was a little girl, I loved picking rhubarb from my Dead’s garden, dipping it in a bag of sugar, and munching on it throughout the day. Here’s a recipe for a rhubarb dessert that looks amazing!
8. Roasted Pineapple with Honey Cinnamon Glaze – I’m certainly going to miss bbq season, but this tasty roasted pineapple recipe will let me get my bbq fix any time I want!
9. Chewy Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies – I just love the flavor combination of lime and coconut. There is something so tropical about it. It takes me away to the beach in an instant. I can’t wait to try these Chewy Coconut Lime Sugar Cookies!
10. Simple Mango Cupcakes – Mango is another great summer flavor, and I think these Simple Mango Cupcakes sound delightful!
11. Pink Lemonade Pie – Pink lemonade in pie form? Yes, please!
12. Dirt Pudding – Dirt pudding is a GREAT summer dessert for the kids! I used to love this when I was a little girl.
13. Drumstick Brownie Ice Cream Dessert – If you love Drumsticks, try out this Drumstick Brownie Ice Cream Dessert. It looks INCREDIBLE!!!
14. Zucchini-Bread Cookie Whoopie Pies – When I was a kid, my Dad’s garden was always overflowing with zucchini. He’d have so much of it that he would send me around the neighborhood giving armfuls away to our neighbors. If your garden’s overflowing with zucchini this year, try making these Zucchini-Bread Cookie Whoopie Pies. They look heavenly!
15. Best Carrot Cake – Speaking of gardens, we also had bunches upon bunches of carrots to harvest. This Best Carrot Cake recipe looks like a great way to use up all those carrots!
16. Homemade Fried Dough – I love going to fairs during the summer time, mainly for the fried dough! Check out this super simple recipe for Homemade Fried Dough.
17. Raspberry Summer Dessert – I sure do love raspberries in the summertime! This recipe looks great!
18. Cherry Pie Parfaits – John and I have enjoyed fresh cherries on a number of occasions this summer. They are a great snack. I can’t wait to try these Cherry Pie Parfaits. They look delicious!
19. Wild Blackberry Pie – John, Kayleigh and I picked a bunch of black raspberries in our backyard today. Maybe we’ll take a crack at this yummy pie dessert!
20. Corn Ice Cream – This last recipe is a little odd. Corn ice cream? Who would have thunk it?? But, corn is definitely one of my summer staples, so I’m very intrigued by this recipe!