Sadly, summer is almost over. Have you and your family done any fun summer activities yet? Summer activities don’t have to be expensive, so don’t let that hold you back from having some fun with the kiddos. Check out my list of cheap summer activities below, that WON’T put a dent in your wallet, but WILL put a big smile on your kid’s face!
30 Cheap Summer Activities
1. Head on over to your local playground. Kids love to have fun on the swings and other playground equipment. Best of all, this activity is completely free!
2. Pack the family up and take a trip to a local beach area for swimming, playing in the sand, and fun in the sun! There are lots of lakes and oceans here in Maine that I like to visit in the summertime. Most beach areas are free, or cheap to get into.
3. Take a trip to a State or National Park. Click here to find one near you!
5. Take a walk or hike on some local trails.
6. Pack a cooler with some sandwiches, drinks & snacks (fruit, chips, crackers, granola bars, etc.) and head out for a picnic!
7. Set up a tent in the backyard and go “camping”!
8. Set up a fire pit in your backyard and have a night of telling stories and roasting marshmallows by the fire.
9. Let the kids set up a lemonade stand in the front yard.
10. Take the kids to the local farmers’ market.
11. Go yard-saling!
12. Take up geocaching.
13. Have a bbq in the backyard.
14. Lay some blankets down on the grass and gaze at the stars on a clear night.
15. Take the kids for a family bike ride.
16. Go kayaking or canoeing.
17. Have an arts & crafts day at home. Browse Pinterest for some inspiration.
18. Go to a drive-in movie. Click here to find one near you!
19. Visit a local museum or zoo.
20. Browse the goods at a local flea market.
21. Go bowling.
22. Go mini-golfing.
23. Have a family movie night at home.
24. Check out summer fairs and festivals near you.
25. Go out for ice-cream, or make sundaes at home.
26. Go fishing.
27. Do at-home face painting.
28. Have the kids put on a talent show or play. You’ll be amazed at what they come up with!
29. Have a water balloon fight.
30. Have a board game tournament.
There are so many cheap summer activities out there. Use your imagination and see what you can come up with for cheap summer activities!
What are some of your favorite summer activities that cost little or no money?
Photo provided by FreeDigitalPhotos.Net