We are all awesome in our own ways, and I think we need to remind ourselves of that on occasion. Often times, we get in a rut. A self-destructive rut. We have a bad day, we blame ourselves. We beat ourselves down until we just feel miserable. It’s times like these we need to think about what makes us awesome. It’s not healthy to feel down on yourself all the time. Making a list of things that make you awesome can help improve your mood, and overall health.
10 Things That Make Me Awesome
1) I am always very polite, even to strangers. I say “please” and “thank you”. I hold doors open for people. I don’t cut people off when they’re talking. The list goes on and on. My parents taught me proper manners at a very young age, and for that I am very thankful.
2) I am always on time or early for meetings and appointments. I have worked in a law office for more than 10 years now, and I have seen my fair share of people show up late for their scheduled appointments. I just cannot physically bring myself to show up late for an appointment. I will leave extra early to make sure I arrive on time, or even a little early. I have been 1/2 hour to 45 minutes early for all of my OB appointments since becoming pregnant 7 months ago. I have never been late for an appointment, and I don’t intend to. I know sometimes things are beyond a person’s control, but when people just don’t care whether they are on time or not, that really drives me crazy.
3) I am a giver. Ask anyone in my family or circle of friends, and they will tell you that I give more than I take. If someone asks me what I want for my birthday, Christmas, etc., I haven’t got a clue, because the truth is, I really don’t want anything. When it’s my turn to buy gifts for someone else though, I go to great lengths to make sure I get the perfect gift for them.
4) I pick out the best birthday cards EVER! So this is one really quirky thing of mine, but I love picking out birthday cards for friends and family. It’s one of my very favorite things to do. A card can really say so much, if you’re unable to express your feelings yourself. I spend A LOT of time searching for the perfect card. Once I start crying hysterically right in the store, I know I’ve found a winner. I always get very meaningful cards that will touch the heart of the person I am giving them to.
5) I am the queen of Google. Everyone in my family, and everyone I work with, knows to come to me if they need help finding information about something. I know how to rock Google like no other. I am able to use keywords to find exactly what they are looking for. For some reason, a lot of people I know struggle with searching the internet, but I just have a knack for it. I am able to use the right keywords to find exactly what they are looking for.
6) I am a great listener. I am very private, so I don’t talk to others about my own problems very much. They always know when they need someone to just listen to them, however, I am always here. I try to give advice when I can, and help them work through their problems.
7) I’m dependable. If you ask me to do something for you, and I agree to, I will follow through with that.
8 ) I’ll eat just about anything at least once. I love food, and I love trying new foods even more. Unless it’s something way out there like cow tongue or something (which my Dad actually did make me try when I was a little girl!), I will try it. Every time I eat out at a restaurant, I order something different. My fiance, on the other hand, sticks to pretty much the same thing everywhere we go (a burger). There’s no fun in that! I love discovering new foods! If you were to ever cook for me, I would not be picky at all.
9) I’m very laid back and easy to please. I tend to be the “follower” in the crowd, not the leader. I’m pretty much up for anything, and won’t put up a fight. I just go with the flow!
10) I have a life growing inside of me right now, and I think that’s pretty awesome!!
What are some things that make you awesome?? Let me know in the comments!