It seems more and more lately, people that are driving on the roads just don’t care about anyone else. They’ll maneuver their car whichever way they can, at any rate of speed they can, without giving any caution to anyone around them. It drives me absolutely mad!!
Here are my biggest pet peeves in regards to crazy drivers:
1) People who drive with pets on their laps – Ummm, hello?? How are you possibly paying attention to driving with a dog sitting on your lap?! I tried driving with a dog in the back of my car a few times, and it drove me nuts. It was very distracting. I can’t imagine having a dog sitting right on my lap while I’m trying to drive. They bounce all over the place, want to stick their face out the window, put their paws up on the steering wheel, distract you, and slow down your reaction time. This is not safe people!!
2) People who text or talk on their cell phone while driving – I’ll admit it, I have talked on my cell phone while driving in the past, but I don’t do it anymore. Now that I’m pregnant, I am extremely cautious while driving. I don’t want to do anything to put my unborn baby in any danger, so I am definitely not talking on my cell phone while driving, and I won’t ever do it again. Before when I was doing it, I was paying more attention to the road, than to my conversation. I would only half listen to what they were saying really. The person on the other end would sometimes yell their question out to me a second or third time because I just wasn’t paying attention to them, but to the road instead. Most people aren’t wired that way though, and pay more attention to their conversation, than they do to their driving. I have watched many people get in near accidents because they were talking on their cell phone while driving, and not paying attention.
3) People who ride your butt – This irritates me SO much. People around here seem to do this to me all the time. I don’t drive like a granny. I go at least the speed limit, sometimes up to 5 over. For whatever reason, that is just not enough for most people, I guess. I absolutely hate it when someone is driving behind me, and they get so close to my car that I can barely see their headlights. People that do this are complete jerks.
4) People who pass you where they shouldn’t be passing – I have had this happen to me many times recently. One time I was dropping my fiance off at work on a side street in our City. There is NO passing lane, and the speed limit is 25mph. I was going about 30mph, and this creep behind me decided he just had to pass me at a very high rate of speed. A lot of people walk along this street. There is a hospital entrance on this street. Children cross this street to get to school. This is not a street that someone should be passing another vehicle on, let alone at a very high rate of speed. Complete lunacy.
On a separate day, I was driving down a different street, where no one should be passing another vehicle, and I saw a vehicle pass 6 or 7 other vehicles (including mine) on THE RIGHT HAND SIDE at a very high rate of speed!! Who does that?! One of the vehicles this person was passing, tried to make a right hand turn at the same time he was passing it. I thought for sure they were going to collide. Luckily the person trying to make the right hand turn saw this jerk in time and did not complete their right hand turn.
5) People who speed out from a stop sign to cut you off and pull out in front of you, then slow way down, below the speed limit. Ok, if you were in such a hurry to pull out in front of me, why aren’t you driving the speed limit?! This seriously drives me nuts!! I’m not a speed demon by any means, but when you’re stuck behind someone going 10-15 mph under the speed limit, it’s super annoying!
What is your biggest pet peeve?? Let me know in the comments!