I am a huge sucker for romantic, girly movies, even if they are sad and make me cry my eyes out. These are the movies that I will watch over and over again and never get tired of. Whenever I have some alone time, I pop one of my favorites in, relax on the couch with a bowl of ice cream, and enjoy!
Movies I Never Get Tired of Watching:
1) Steel Magnolias – This movie makes me cry every single time I watch it, but I just can’t get enough of it. There is just something amazing about the special bond between all of the female characters in this movie that makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over. I think I must have watched this movie about 1,000 times!
2) Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead – This isn’t really a girly, romantic movie per say, but I am a child of the 80’s and 90’s, so this movie takes me right back to that time in my life. I so wanted to be Christina Applegate. She gets to taste the freedom of adulthood when she’s only 17. At first it’s fun and exciting, but then she realizes what adulthood is really all about – stress and responsibility. I find this movie to be hysterical and charming all at the same time.
3) A Walk in the Clouds – This is another one of my favorite movies. This is definitely a very romantic movie, starring Keanu Reeves, who is just absolutely gorgeous. I adore his character in this movie. /swoon
4) Because I Said So – I am a huge Mandy Moore fan, and I absolutely love her in this movie, which also stars Diane Keaton, as her mother. The relationship between the 2 of them reminds me of the relationship between myself and my own mother. Diane Keaton’s character is over-protective of her daughter, to the point of driving her crazy, but really, she only wants the best for her. I’ve seen this movie several times, and it never gets old. I actually just watched it again last weekend!
5) 10 Things I Hate About You – When I was about 17-18, I had my wisdom teeth out. This movie had just come out on DVD, and I was stuck at home, on the couch, recovering from my surgery for 2 days. I had my Mom rent this movie for me, and I watched is over and over and over again that weekend. You’d think I would have gotten sick of it, but I couldn’t get enough of it. I still watch it to this day, whenever I have a chance. It’s funny, light-hearted, romantic, and I just love it!
What are YOUR favorite movies of all time?? Let me know in the comments!