So, a few months ago, I had a brilliant idea. Yes, it has taken me several months to finally finish writing this post! Anyway, a few months ago, I still had a bottle of Blood Orange Infused Culinary Oil from Extravagonzo Foods from when I did a review from them. I had seriously been craving oranges around that time for some reason, and had the urge to bake something orange flavored.
I had previously added this oil to brownie batter to add a hint of orange flavor, but this time I wanted the orange flavor to take center stage. The first idea that popped into my head were Orange Dream Cupcakes. I imagined those delicious orange creamsicle pops, only in cupcake form. Then, began my experiment. Take a look at how it turned out:
Orange Dream Cupcakes
Creamy orange-flavored frosting, topped with a gummy orange slice.
This orange-flavored cake was super moist and delicious.
Oh yes, I did. Just when you thought this cupcake could not get anymore delicious, I filled them with light & fluffy marshmallow cream too!
Now that you’re drooling all over your keyboard, I’m happy to share my recipe for these amazing Orange Dream Cupcakes with you!
- Box White Cake Mix (I use Pillsbury Moist Supreme)
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Blood Orange Infused Culinary Oil + 2 Tablespoons of Blood Orange Infused Culinary Oil – If you don’t have this on hand, you can make your own.
- 1 Package Gummy Orange Slices
- 1 Tub Vanilla Frosting
Marshmallow Cream Filling:
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract